ACL Travel follows the Guideline and Code of Conduct for Responsible Tourism and recognise the obligation to operate in sustainable manner. ACL is committed to the wellbeing of local communities and the environment. We are also proud that Myanmar (Burma) is one of the safest countries, and lowest crime rates, in South East Asia.
Our Philosophy for Sustainable Tourism is set out below:
- If your concern is where to spend and not to spend your money, the best practice is to ensure your money reaches and supports local communities.
- We will change to use services that help and promote ordinary people. Buy local products, stay in locally owned accommodation, rent local vehicles, employ local guides and dine in local restaurants, etc. ACL makes sure that money spent by foreign travellers reaches local communities fairly.
- Avoid dealing with people who have very close link to the military.
- Infection of HIV/ AIDS is highest rate in Asia. It is necessary to take an educated and responsible approach in this regard.
- Uncollected litter is a serious issue and we encourage recycling. We provide our guides with garbage bags to collect litter during trekking and general travel.
- There needs to be an increased awareness of illegal drug production, forced child labour, and sexual abuse of women and children.
- There is a high level corruption rate in Government authorities and often a thoughtless destruction or renovation of historical buildings. We encourage all travellers to educate and raise concerns with authorities and local communities in these matters. Things will change in the long term.
- Avoid activities that are against responsible tourism, such as sex tourism nightlife tours etc.
- ACL promotes awareness of tourism by way of distributing a “Travel Responsibly” sticker to place where it might needed. Our guidelines for responsible eco-tourism is available on out website as well as brochures and flyers.
- ACL promotes capacity development for its staff, and trains them in awareness of responsible tourism to ensure our policies are put into practice.
- Local people are eager to engage with foreign travellers and are very curious about almost everything.
- Myanmar needs travellers to visit this wonderful country and help in improving the education and income of local people. Above all, the people of Myanmar want you to enjoy your visit, and welcome you to travel responsibly.
The Code (short for “The Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism”) is an industry-driven responsible tourism initiative with a mission to provide awareness, tools and support to the tourism industry in order to prevent the sexual exploitation of children.ACL Travel team members has been well trained and follow the guideline and procedure of the Code..
Supported by The travel industry, Travellife is dedicated to making holiday experiences more sustainable by working with the industry and its suppliers to deliver environmental and social improvements throughout the tourism supply chain. In order to keep Myanmar Tourism Sustainble, we promote awareness and knowledge of travel Life Guideline with our partners together,,